1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
After researching a number of Latin words we decided upon Noctis the word for night. It was the inspiration for our colour theme as well.
3. Country/s represented
United States of America
4. School/s represented
Brentwood High School
5. Town of School(s)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
There are 3 males on the team and 2 females.
7. Teams Facebook page
8. Teams Twitter handle
9. Teams website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
Our team is made up of two junior Communications students, one junior Engineering students and two senior Engineering students. Our group was compiled in September 2014 and this is our first F1 competition as a group. One of our team members, Luke O'Shea has participated in F1 before. This is the first time we have ever qualified for the Worlds Competition.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
Regional Champions, Best Display, Best Rngineering, Best Portfolio at regionals, 3rd place at Nationals and Best Verbal Presentation at the National competition.
12. Describe your team in three words
Innovative, hardworking and determined
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
We are from a small school, less than 400 students and our community is very economically challenged. We are the 'scrappy' team nobody expects to pull in front. But we do. At Nationals, none of the other teams really thought we were tough competition, but in the knockout races we were champions. Beating out the US teams and the teams from Canada.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
The moment we decided we were going to Singapore. It was a tough decision to make because we had to raise the money to get us here on our own, no school support.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your teams funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
During the verbal presentation at Nationals our presentation stopped working; however, we won best verbal presentation and can now laugh about the malfunction.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
Our biggest challenge has been finding money to pay for everything since we are a completely self-funded team.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We are most looking forward to meeting high school students from around the world who are doing the same thing as us.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
We are expecting very tough competition at the World Finals.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
Our team's favourite driver is Mario Andretti since he is from Pennsylvania.