2. Explain how you chose your team name
We wanted to express that we are a collaboration team which works closely and isn’t separated in two half but works as ONE team - as a pact.
3. Country/s represented
Germany & Ireland
4. School/s represented
Gymnasium Grootmoor & HEX CNC
5. Town of School(s)
Hamburg & Roscommon
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
4 (+3 supporting team members) males & 2 (+1 supporting team member) females
7. Link to team Facebook page
8. Team Twitter handle
9. Link to team website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
After the German Nationals Alliance directly knew that they’ll collaborate with Tracktion from Ireland, so we got in contact on the day after already. After some weeks of more complicated communications we finally started to work more effective together and are on a good way to build deeper friendships!
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
In previous teams:
- multiple awards in the last seasons (best portfolio, best pit, best engineered car, best presentation etc.)
- 4 qualifications for National Finals (results: 1st, 3rd, 6th and 4th)
- World Finals 2012: 6th
- Regionals: knock-out winner & Regional Champions
- Nationals: best engineered car & 3rd overall
-Best Team Website at National Finals
-Fastest Car at Regional Finals
-Best Portfolio & Pit Display at Regional Finals
-Best Verbal Presentation at National Finals
-Innovative Thinking Award at National Finals
12. Describe your team in three words
enthusiastic, creative & ambitious
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
Our team is unique because we combine Irish determination and German engineering.
14. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
Time management, organization (working in two countries) and producing work that is to an impeccable standard.
15. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We are looking forward to meeting all of the great people who share our passion and to experience some very exciting days in a country which is on the other side of the world!
16. What are your expectations for the WFs?
We want to have a fantastic time in Singapore and meet a lot of nice people from all over the world and of course we want to be as successful as possible. Our goal is to become World Champions and we feel that this would be even greater as a collaboration team!
17. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
We are very interested in F1 and watch every race. We love to talk about the races and drivers, because they inspire us. Our favorite driver is Sebastian Vettel but we are also very inspired by Max Verstappen as the youngest F1 driver ever!