1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
Our name is a combination of the first 3 letters of Inspiration, Perseverance and Action, our motto and main principles in life. Our team wanted to be defined as a creative and dedicated team.
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Doha British School
5. Town of School(s)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
2 males and 1 female
7. Teams Facebook page
8. Teams Twitter handle
9. Teams website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
In 2013 Insperact started with 5 members preparing to go for the nationals. There we competed and was place 2nd in Qatar’s nationals. Unfortunately two of our members had to be replaced as they were moving from Qatar.
In 2014 Insperact competed in the national finals. After working together we were Qatar’s national team representing Qatar in 2015 world champions in Singapore.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
Due to Qatar being a small country there is only nationals. In 2014 we won 2nd place by the difference of 1 point, while in 2015 we won 1st place. Unlike other countries we do not have awards for the best pit display or verbal but we do know that we scored the highest in our portfolio and pit display in 2015.
12. Describe your team in three words
Inspiration, Perseverance, Action.
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
Our team, unlike others, is from all over the world enforcing that the world is in fact becoming a smaller place. We are an international team with members from Australia, Egypt and Philippines together competing representing 1 country, Qatar. Although we are small like Qatar we are not afraid to think big.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
That even though we did not win a single race in the nationals we still won 1st prize showing that winning a race isn’t everything.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your teams funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
There was one time where our team was meeting but instead of actually having a meeting we were playing Fifa. One of the games we were playing one of our team members, whose too embarrass to tell their name, got so mad when losing the game that he stood up dropping the controller, breaking it, while marching around the room swearing in random languages!
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
Finding sponsors due to the decrease in oil prices as well as f1 in schools not being well known in Qatar.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs? What are your expectations for the WFs?
Having a glamorous time, having fun meeting new people and increasing our connections worldwide. Our team wants to learn from this educating experience increasing our skills in various areas helping us in the future. Our expectations of our team for the World finals is to do better than the previous Qatar teams to show that we are capable of anything!
18. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
Yes, our team is very interested in F1 being big fans of Sebastian Vettel, sometimes we get together to watch the races!