1. Team Name
Nova F1 Racing Team
2. Explain how you chose your team name
We wanted something that we can share, something brilliant. We wanted to radiate brilliance, imitating a supernova. That's where we decided to call ourselves, 'Nova'.
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Sekolah Sultan Alam Shah
5. Town of School(s)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
6 male student
7. Teams Facebook page
8. Teams Twitter handle
9. Teams website
Not yet available
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
It was last year, 2014 when inspiration enlighten three students
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
Malaysia National Champions, Nationals Best Portfolio, Nationals Best marketing and sponsorship, and Nationals Knockout-Race Champions
12. Describe your team in three words
BRILLIANT WITH FUNKINESS
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
We were the first Malaysian team to won the overall Nationals with only 3 members. Despite there are new members in the team, our chemistry and teamwork
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
The whole team went to a dinner associated by the schools' students and also with some of the parents in order to celebrate our triumph in winning the National Championship.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
The greatest memories were always the funniest ones, this happened when the whole team went to the Pit-Lane Walkabout for the Malaysian Grand Prix. We were very excited to finally get the chance to meet the F1 drivers. We were walking as slow as possible so that we could take pictures with the engineers and some of the reserved drivers. As time pass by, the walkabout time is up. Everyone was rushing to the exit except for us who were still leisuring around taking pictures. Suddenly we saw a shady looking guy near Mercedes pit-stop. And from the back we thought it was Lewis Hamilton! So one of us ran straight to the guy and greeted him from the back. It was then when we realised the guy was NOT Lewis Hamilton but just a random Indian guy who was on his way to the exits.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
It’s very hard for us to seek for sponsorship as some companies tend to reject our application of sponsorship due to the downfall of Malaysia financial crisis.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We cannot wait to share our older experiences and make new ones with participants from all over the world.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
We want to be as successful as possible and socialize with friends from other countries and live up our countries pride.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
Some of us have been watching F1 since the Michael Schumacher era and also our primary sports. Sometimes we spend our weekends together watching F1 Grand Prix on TV. Picking our favourite driver is not easy as some of us have different point of views on the drivers but majority always wins on everything and in this case we chose Lewis Hamilton.