1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
We chose the name Precision Racing after lots of discussion with our team, because we believe that it represents us well. Being precise is extremely important in an F1 in Schools team because there are many aspects of the competition that require precision and perfection.
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Brighton Secondary School
5. Town of School(s)
Brighton, Adelaide, South Australia
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
In Precision Racing there are five males and one female.
7. Teams Facebook page
8. Teams Twitter handle
9. Teams website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
Our team started in 2013 and was originally called Supersonic Racing with three members, Michael, Ben and Zarin. We won the SA States Cadet Class in 2013. Zarin then left the team and Sukhbir, Charlie and Lauren joined. We decided to change our name to Precision Racing and our colour to orange because we thought it was unique, vibrant and more fitting to the F1 in Schools Competition. Our team of Lauren, Michael, Ben, Sukhbir and Charlie went to the National Finals as a Development team and won. Charlie then had to leave the team as he left the school and Jack and Jackson joined the team for the World Finals.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
At the national finals we won 7 awards and the total of national champion.
• Knockout Champions
• Best Engineered Car Design
• Innovation Award
• Best Team Verbal Presentations
• Best Team Marketing
• Best Team Pit Display
• National Champions in Development Class
12. Describe your team in three words
Passionate, Diligent, Innovative
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
I think what makes us unique from the rest of the teams is that our team is made up of people from different F1 teams. This means everyone in the team has had a wide range of experiences and therefore brings more knowledge to the team.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
So far, our magic moment would have been when we won Nationals. It was amazing the feeling of going up on to the stage knowing that we were now proceeding to the World Finals. We were all really excited and the feeling of being on the stage was indescribable.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
One of the funniest moments for our team was when Jackson, our Pit Display Coordinator was late to one of our meeting so we decided to prank calling him. Sukhbir called him and said that he had run out of data on his phone and he now had to pay $1000. He believed this at the start and was getting really worried until he realised this was Sukhbir talking. The rest of the team were in tears laughing and he was very embarrassed when he came in.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
So far, the main challenge for us as a team has been raising funds to get to the competition. We have found this a struggle because it is quite a large cost for us to get to Singapore and there have been many other costs including the Pit Display materials and our merchandise.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We are really looking forward to meeting all the other teams and learning about their cultures and interacting with a lot of very interesting people. This will be a once in a lifetime experience. We are also looking forward to racing against other teams and competing.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
We expect the World Finals to be great fun and to be a once in a lifetime experience that we will cherish for the rest of our lives, we expect it to be extremely exciting but also exhausting and are looking forward to it very much.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
Some of our team members do follow and are interested in f1. Our favourite driver is Daniel Riccardo because he is also representing our country and we believe that he shows the same spirit that our team does.