1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
The acronyms of the word Reset means: Race Engineering Science Education Teamwork
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Anatolia College of Thessaloniki
5. Town of School(s)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
4 males / 2 females
7. Teams Facebook page
8. Teams Twitter handle
9. Teams website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
The team was created two years ago and participated for the first time in the National finals. We finished 14 th and as soon as we were awarded the prize of “fair play”, our team members looked at each other in the eyes and agreed ‘appointment in next year’. So in September 2014 we started again to work the challenge of our participation, but under completely new conditions and prospects. Having in mind the principle teamwork – effectiveness – innovation, we began intensive and professional work, trying to predict problems and to respond to them as best as possible. We wanted not just to achieve the goal of first place but to enjoy the journey of this original competition by gaining experience and recognizing that this whole process is a struggle from which you will get multiple winners, whatever the result.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
So far, we achieved the first place in our National Finals and we won the awards of the best verbal presentation, the Knockout races and the best research and development.
12. Describe your team in three words
Altius -Citius –Fortius (Higher – Faster – Stronger)
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
The only thing that makes us unique from other teams is that we continued to work passionately and without taking into consideration the economic crisis.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
For the team, the best moment that we had was when we heard that we took the 1 st place at the National Finals. We all felt a relief because we were very anxious at the awards.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
When we were waiting for the results and one member made by mistake so much noise with his chair that everybody was looking at us. We felt really awkward that moment but now we laugh with it.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
The biggest challenge in this competition is that we had to learn a lot of terminology before we can start designing the car or even the portfolio.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We are looking forward to meeting all the teams from all over the world and to chat with them and learn the methods that they used to finish the project.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
We expect to gain as much as experience we can to become more mature.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
Our team’s favourite driver is Lewis Hamilton from Mercedes AMG Petronas because of his passion and his talent.