1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
The ship captained by Captain James Cook, of the British Royal Navy, discovered Australia and marked the beginning of European settlement of Australia. The icon represents the connection between England and Australia and is a symbol of great journeys and what can be achieved when people undertake adventures and work together to overcome challenges and adversity.
3. Country/s represented
England and Australia
4. School/s represented
Emmanuel College (UK), Ulverstone High School (AUS) and Don College (AUS)
5. Town of School(s)
Gateshead - (Emmanuel College), Ulverstone - (Ulverstone High School), Devonport - (Don College)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
6 males, 1 female (Affiliate member)
7. Teams Facebook page
8. Teams Twitter handle
9. Teams website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
EndeavourF1 is an international collaboration team formed in March 2015 from U.K. based team Shockwave F1 and Australian based team Ignition.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
6th at National finals 2014
1st place North East Regional Final 2014
1st place North East Regional Final 2015
Best Team Identity North East Regional Final 2015
3rd Place U.K National Finals 2015
1st place - 2014 Tasmanian State Final
Best Engineered Design - 2014 Tasmanian State Final
Best Innovation - 2014 Tasmanian State Final
Outstanding Industry Collaboration - 2014 Tasmanian State Final
Best verbal presentation - 2014 Tasmanian State Final
Encouragement Award - 2015 Australia National Final
5th place overall - 2015 Australian National Final
12. Describe your team in three words
Intuitive, Passionate, Confident
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
We are one of the most unique teams competing because we operate in time zones that fluctuate between 9 and 11 hours apart. Succeeding with this can be a huge challenge but one that we are confident we have risen to.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
For the U.K, being invited to compete in Singapore and visiting the pits and paddock at the Silverstone Grand Prix in July. For Australia, when we got the phone call from Deborah Maloney to tell us we had the opportunity to represent our country at the World Finals.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
Attempting to have a Skype call with Harry's handsfree kit. Damon becoming concerned because he hasn’t had his rabies shot
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
Communicating as a team with such an extreme time difference.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
Meeting the other half of our team!
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
An inspiring, tiring and very rewarding fortnight competing against some of the best young engineers in the world.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
UK - Our favourite driver is Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes, but we are also huge fans of Red Bull (we visited their pits)
AUS – Our favourite drivers are Jenson Button (Peter) and Daniel Riccardo (Damon and Dylan)