1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
The words speed and super are so overused in team names, that we thought we would try some words that are not used that commonly. By combining vast and velocity we also ended up with a great alliteration.
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Marie Therese Gymnasium Erlangen
5. Town of School(s)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
7. Link to team Facebook page
8. Team Twitter handle
9. Link to team website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
Our team was officially founded in December 2014, following a tradition that has developed at our school in the past two years. In March we won the Bavarian Championship (regional) and in May now the German Championship (national).
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
2014: Bavarian Finals: 1st Place (regional)
Awards: Knockout-Race, Best Portfolio, Best Pit Display
National Finals: 1st Place (German championship)
Awards: Best Pit Display
12. Describe your team in three words
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
We are very skilled in every category and have no great weaknesses, plus we have two team members that are over 2m in height.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
The greatest moment in our teams’ brief history is definitely achieving the 1st place at the German championship.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
After testing our car for the regional finals several times without any problem it blew to pieces during the first race during the actual competition.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
The biggest challenge is not being really good in just one thing but being very good in every aspect of the competition. Because in the end everything is counted together so everything has to be as good as possible.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We are most looking forward to meeting the teams of the different countries that is meeting new people and making new friends and of course making new contacts. But most of all, we want to win!
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
We expect it to be an opportunity to show the rest of the world what we Germans can achieve in this competition and of course it is a great experience we will probably only be able to make once in a lifetime.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
We are pretty interested in the “big” F1. Most of all because of Sebastian Vettel, but also because of Michael Schumacher. They’re both idols of ours and we admire them for what they have achieved in F1.