1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
The name“Aerophoenix2.0”, have three main aspects. Firstly, the word “Aero” is the abbreviation of the word “Aero-dynamics” as we want our car to be aerodynamic. Next, the Phoenix is a symbol of longevity which is able to be reborn at the end of its life, it represents our livelong pursuit for excellence and success. On this logo the dynamic phoenix appears to be flying to the right, indicating our team is always moving forward in every area of achievement. The fire in the logo means that we must make our lives more meaningful and brightly lighted. Last but not least, the text is slanted to indicate movements: it’s slanted towards the right side to represent the team moving forward, as text is generally read from left to right. It inspires us to constantly move forward and not stay stagnant.
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Henderson Secondary School
5. Town of School(s)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
3 Males, 1 Female
7. Link to team Facebook page
8. Team Twitter handle
9. Link to team website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
We inherited our name from our predecessors and this year we are taking our seniors place to take part in the world finals. Our seniors using the same won the Best Pit Display Award last year and this year we won the Best Marketing and Sponsorship Award. We also got the Gold award for 2 consecutive years.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
We won the Best Marketing and Sponsorship Award and Gold Award during the Nationals Finals 2015
12. Describe your team in three words
Determined, Fun, Quality
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
What makes us unique is our Team Name. Our Team name and logo has been used for 2 years already. Previously by our seniors and now us. Passed from one generation to another, we keep our spirit going.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
The exciting part was when we were promoted from the D Type to the F1 class this year. Learning the difference between the 2 classes and learning more and getting a new experience in the competition compared to the D type class.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
A funny moment was when our teams Test and Analysis Engineer Ezekiel's Jeans button came off as the jeans were too tight and we need to find safety pins for him on the day of our Nationals competition.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
Our biggest challenge in the competition is Time management. As after finishing school late, we did not have much time to stay back together as a team together
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We are looking forward on meeting new people from the different countries and learn and sharing our experiences in F 1 in Schools.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
Our expectations are to gain more experience and insight to how the World Finals is like and try our best at least get an award.