1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
Our name represents our aim in the competition. The car we designed and constructed is made to race gravity-free and that is the reason we chose the name "Zero Gravity".
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Livadia Larnaca High School
5. Town of School(s)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
Males: 5 / Females: 0
7. Link to team Facebook page
8. Team Twitter handle
9. Link to team website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
We have heard about the competition a time long ago. When our physics teacher announced the competition we decided to create a team and join the competition. We succeeded in the National Finals and we got our chance to participate in the World Finals.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
Best Marketing Management Award
Best Website Award
Best Pit Booth
Oral Presentation Award
12. Describe your team in three words
Teamwork, Professionalism, Efficiency
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
We consider our team unique because we work as a real team and not as individuals. We are close together whatever the situation, bad or good.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
The most exciting moment we had so far in the competition is the tension we felt during the races and the examinations. Although we managed to get the 3rd place, winning never bothered us. All we wanted was to have fun and enjoy the magic of the competition.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
One of our funniest moments was the accident we had with the car during a race. When the accident happened all the members were disappointed. We were thinking that all our efforts were in vain. We never put it down, though. We continued, we fixed our car, and we managed to win.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
The main challenge for us was to find sponsors and earn the money we needed. As school children, we struggled to persuade possible sponsors to trust their money. Eventually, we managed to earn the money we needed and we're now heading for the World Finals.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We are looking forward to seeing other people with the same interests and passions as ours. We want to share emotions, excitement and exchange ideas from people all over the world. Also, why not to make new friendships.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
The competitiveness on a worldwide level is large but we will fight with all of our power. As "Zero Gravity" the team and as a Cypriot team, we aspire on a good place in the final classification in order to identify the island globally and to show our satisfaction to all those who supported us.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
We are all interested in Formula One and that is the main reason we decided to join the competition. Our favourite driver is Lewis Hamilton.