1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
Our team name is a combination of the Greek word “velos” (βέλος), which means “arrow”, and the English word “velocity”. Just like an arrow strikes its target with speed and precision, similarly we aim to accurately and efficiently achieve our goals within the deadlines. Thus, the name we have chosen is not only a play on words, but also a representation of our team.
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Hellenic American Educational Foundation
5. Town of School(s)
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
7. Link to team Facebook page
8. Team Twitter handle
9. Link to team website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
2 years ago George heard about the competition and was very interested in participating but he could not find enough members. Next year three of his friends were interested as well so Veloc Racing was invented and after a few months of hard work and teamwork we managed to qualify at the World Finals at Singapore.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
Third in national finals
12. Describe your team in three words
commitment- team work- enthusiasm
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
A lot of teams are invested in winning the grand prize, and will accept everything else as total failure. However, this doesn’t apply to our team. Despite the fact that we've gone this far, we're not solely interested in winning. We are interested in having a great time; that's what makes us unique.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
Our best moment was when we won the third place in the national finals and were told that we could participate in the world finals at Singapore. Our hard work and effort was finally rewarded.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
For a short period of time we believed that we had accidentally deleted our final car design. All hopes were lost until, luckily for us, we remembered that the design had been earlier uploaded online.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
Our biggest challenge was to outdo ourselves and manage to perfect our car's design for the world finals.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
We are looking forward to competing with students from all over the world who share our passion for motorsports.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
We are expecting great competitiveness in between all of the teams. However, we are not discouraged by this fact and anticipate a very fun challenge.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
My favourite driver is Vettel and I hope he will be able to help the Ferrari Team recover.