1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
Our aim for the World Finals was to improve in all areas and step up our game compared to the Nationals: we want to head out into new dimensions.
So which name could fit better than "rev up"?
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
Lessing Gymnasium Winnenden & Gymnasium Unterrieden Sindelfingen
5. Town of School(s)
Winnenden and Sindelfingen
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
2 male, 3 female
7. Teams Facebook page
8. Teams Twitter handle
9. Teams website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
Our team is a cooperation between the Lessing Gymnasium Winnenden and the Gymnasium Unterrieden Sindelfingen. Since both schools have been participating in this technology competition for years, there are two different histories:
Team history of the Lessing Gymnasium:
- October 2012: founding of Team "Unlimited Acceleration"
- 8/9 March 2013: regional champion
- 3/4 May 2013: nationals runners up
- 8-15 November 2013: World Finals Austin, TX, USA 3rd place
- December 2013: name change to "High End Racing"
- 21/22 March 2014: regional runners up
- 9/10 May 2014: national runners up
- 14-21 November 2014: World Finals Abu Dhabi in collaboration with Malaysia runners up as collaboration
Team history of the Gymnasium Unterrieden:
- October 2010: founding of Team “blackracers”
- March 2013: regional champions junior
- May 2013: fourth place at the nationals junior
- March 2014: regional champions junior
- May 2014: third place at the nationals junior
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.
At the Regionals:
- Regional champions
- Fastest car
- Best verbal presentation
At the Nationals:
- Fastest car
- Best portfolio
- Knockout champion
12. Describe your team in three words
Dynamic. Faster. Passionate.
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
We have our own film team which will accompany throughout the World Finals!
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
At the German nationals, Mr. Denford told us: “Looking around here is scary, because the level is as high as the level at the World Finals.”
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
We had many funny moments, but here is one of them: After the awards ceremony at the regionals, when we knew we would participate at the nationals, Felix decided to spin Maren around. Maren lost her shoe, which nearly hit a very expensive DTM (a German racing car series) car. At this moment it was really shocking, but afterwards it`s something we will always laugh about.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
Time management in all situations
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
Meeting people from different cultures, making new friends and exchanging lessons learned
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
We hope to have an experience we’ll never forget in our lifetime
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
Yes! Nico Rosberg, gooooo! ;)