1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
Decided through a voting procedure, inspiration was took from a Greek mythological figure; the personification of the sun and was perceived as possessing great speed and strength as he rode he chariots.
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
British International School of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5. Town of School(s)
Thao Dien, District 2
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
4 males 1 female
7. Link to team Facebook page
8. Team Twitter handle
9. Link to team website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
Suggested by the charismatic business teacher, Mr. McGraw, F1 in schools inspired several students to participate, including four of the current members of Helios. Back then, there was also a competing team, aka Venom. The team name was also different and underwent changes from Apotheosis to Velocity. Unfortunately due to the IGCSE examinations, this ambitious project was postponed a year, when it was resurrected as Helios during the start of Year 12.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
Finalists representing Vietnam
12. Describe your team in three words
Risk-taking, inquiring, persevering
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
Despite representing Vietnam, our team brings together a wide range of cultural values, due to our experiences living in several different countries.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
Receiving our very first sponsor, it really heightened the team’s spirit and allowed us to realise that we could actually have a chance to make it to Singapore.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
When our team had finally received the test uniforms, all of them were unexpectedly small, especially Kisum’s which was ultimately a bit too revealing.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
The uncertainty of being first to represent Vietnam in the competition, many companies were hesitant to sponsor us. To accept by who we are and to forgive your team members, no matter how inadequate they are.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
Meeting interesting individuals and experiencing what it will be like being part of the global event.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
There is most likely going to be tight competition among talented students from around the globe, but hopefully they will value experience over victory.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?