1. Team Name
2. Explain how you chose your team name
We chose our Team Name because we always though that throughout the competition we would always be looking forward to the Horizon.
3. Country/s represented
4. School/s represented
St. Cuthbert’s High School
5. Town of School(s)
Newcastle upon Tyne
6. Number of males / Number of females on team
7. Link to team Facebook page
8. Team Twitter handle
9. Link to team website
10. Briefly outline the history of your team
The Original team was established in September 2014, the original team consisted of James, Hamish, Oscar and Ruben. We completed the Regional part with this Team. However after the Regional Competition we decided we would have strength in numbers so we asked Liam and Momin to join the team which greatly benefited us.
11. F1 in Schools achievements so far (i.e. Nat champions, other awards etc.)
Our team won the Regional and National Stages of the competition as well as this we won Best Engineered and Fastest Car.
12. Describe your team in three words
Hardworking, Enthusiastic, Successful
13. What do you think makes your World Final team unique from other teams?
We are unique because we are so young and rookies to the competition, yet we still have come so far through the competition.
14. Magic moment - What has been the most exciting F1 in Schools experience your team has had so far?
The most exciting moment so far throughout the competition definitely has to have been winning the National Stage. None of us were expecting to be successful in the stage but when our name came up on the Screen and we were called out, all of us were buzzing and thrilled.
15. We can laugh now - Tell us about one of your team’s funniest moments, maybe it wasn't so funny at the time!
Some of the times we found funny were how many 3d Printing Fails we had. At the time it wasn’t so funny and we got stressed about it but looking back now the amount we had was just funny.
16. What is the biggest challenge in this competition?
The biggest challenge of the competition was meeting our deadlines. We had very short timescales in which we had to complete our tasks.
17. What are you most looking forward to at the WFs?
The part we are most looking forward to in the world finals is meeting loads of different teams from different countries and seeing how they have done their car, pit display etc.
18. What are your expectations for the WFs?
At the World Finals we would obviously like to win but if we don’t we would at least like to take home a couple of awards for our car and our team identity because we worked really hard on these elements.
19. Do you watch/are you interested in F1? Who’s your favourite driver(s)?
We are excited to go to the race track after the competition to watch a race.